Giro Sardegna 2023
The Giro Sardegna is a top event in Italy: a six-day event with various disciplines. Always dreamed of riding a stage race or tour with full care? Like the pros in a big tour? Take part in the Giro Sardegna of 2023 and you only have to worry about the cycling itself! Discover the beautiful Italian island of Sardinia and ride carefree for 6 days in enchanting surroundings!
- Complete guidance from a professional team
- Optimal performance and maximum enjoyment
- Stay in the beautiful beachfront location
April 22, 2023 / April 28, 2023
Price on request
Early Check in Giro Sardegna
Early Check in Giro Sardegna single room
Late Check Out Giro Sardegna
Late Check Out Giro Sardegna single room
4Gold starter pack bicycle tour
- Experience box with 4Gold supplements
- Discover our gastrointestinal friendly sports nutrition
- Perfect to get acquainted with our products or to give as a gift.
- 4 Energy Bars
- 4 Isotonic Gels
- 6 Single Servings Carbo Electro
- 2 Golden Bottle 600 ml
EVOC Road Bike Bag Pro rental bike case cycling vacation
EVOC Travel Bike Bag Pro Rental for cycling vacations
Rental Bicycle Navigation Computer Wahoo ELEMNT BOLT V2
Availability: In stock
Medical examination required
Medical examination advice
Laundry service bicycle clothing
The Giro Sardegna is a six-day top event in Italy with international participants. Always dreamed of riding a stage race or tour with full care? Like the pros in a grand tour? Join the CycloWorld Travel Series to the Giro Sardegna in 2023 and you only have to worry about the cycling itself! Discover the beautiful Italian island of Sardinia and ride carefree for 6 days in enchanting surroundings!
The atmosphere throughout the event is Mediterranean: extremely relaxed, in other words. In the evening, the prize-giving ceremony is a party. Every year there are also some ex-pros at the start. Expected are: Max Lelli, Andrea Tafi and Fabio Aru. And who knows, maybe there will be more.
The area of the 2023 edition will focus mainly on a south-eastern part of island: Muravera. From here all the stages will depart. A perfect location, close to the port/airport and capital Cagliari. This area has great hotels, a beautiful sea; different and differentiated routes and very little traffic on the roads!
The climate on the island of Sardinia is subtropical, that is, the winters are mild and the summers can be very hot. In the middle of the island there are also mountains with peaks around 1800m. There are several winds that affect the island such as in particular the mistral from the northwest and the scirocco from the southeast.
It will be another real Giro Sardegna with many cyclists, which is why there are also two 4-star locations for the participants.
GranGiro or MedioGiro?
Giro Sardegna is a six-day stage race with aprofessional organization, relaxed atmosphere and the complete support from the professional Cycle Travel team!
The event consists of:
6 stages with timekeeping and classification by age group:
- 3 stages in line.
- 1 individual time trial.
- 1 team time trial (if you don't have a team you will be classified).
- 1 mountain time trial with joint start.
Total distance and altimeters GranGiro: 464 km/6174 hm (distance and altimeters may still change).
Total distance and altimeters MedioGiro: 382 km/4804 hm (distance and altimeters may change).
The GranGiro and the MedioGiro are suitable for both fanatical cyclists who want to ride a classification and for people who want to ride the event as a tour. And everything in between. Ride the way you want to. Nothing is mandatory, everything is allowed.
Anyone can participate, you really don't have to be a semi-pro or serious amateur runner. The event is suitable for anyone who has an average or good condition. The accommodation and facilities are top, the environment is great!
Not in the mood for a game?
Choose the Tour version and enjoy! Ride 6 short stages with little height difference. Perfect for a relaxed exploration of the island. Also ideal to accompany your partner who rides the GranGiro or the MedioGiro.
What is included?
- Stay in luxury accommodations with 4-star rating with private bathroom and separate twin beds.
- Half board with a good hearty breakfast and delicious dinner.
Professional guidance on the road
With our professional guidance, you only have to worry about the cycling itself. You get full care before, after and on the road. This allows you to maximize your performance and you do not have to worry about anything. This way you get the best out of yourself and the trip.
What to expect.
- Follow car with own team leader for care on the road.
- Mechanical support during the ride.
- Spare bike and spare parts during the ride.
- Own provisioning with food and drink along the route.
- Personalized backpack for your food along the way or extra clothing. We take these with us during the stages.
- Live tracking during the stages by the follow car.
- First aid along the way for care of simple injuries.
- Broom car. Do you get caught along the way by breakdown, illness or injury? The support vehicle will take you back to the hotel, which is very relaxing.
- Collection and delivery service to and from the airport.
- Bike wash: every day your bike is checked, cleaned and lubricated if necessary by our professional mechanics.
- The guide is in contact with the people of CycloWorld for advice.
- Booking of the flight by Cycle Travel (only for groups of at least x persons).
What is not included?
- Airline tickets.
- Drinks and snacks during dinners.
- Tourist tax.
Extra services can be booked
- Sports Massage (€59.95). Schedule a well-deserved sports massage during the week. Recover better from your efforts.
- Bike clothing laundry service (€9.95 per day). After the stage, hang your clothes inthe laundry bag at reception. We'll make sure your laundry gets back to your room nice and clean!
-Early check-in Friday, April 21; Would you like to come a day earlier? That is possible! For an additional charge of € 125,- you can check-in one day earlier including dinner and breakfast on Saturday morning, April 22. This supplement is also valid for booking a single room.
- Late check-out Saturday, April 29; Want to stay an extra day? No problem at all! For an additional fee of €125, - you can leave one day later on Saturday, April 29. This surcharge is also valid for booking a single room.
- Single room supplement; Would you like extra privacy and book a single room? This is possible for only €250,- . You can choose this option when booking the trip.
- Rent a racing bike. There is a special offer for the extra options at a later stage in this trip.
- Rent a bike case. Do you prefer to take your own bike with you but want to transport it as safely as possible? Then rent one of our special bike cases.
- Rent bike navigation; Use our Wahoo Elemnt Bolt V2 with all routes pre-programmed.
The top tour guides
For this trip we have a top team that will personally support you with extensive experience in coaching and with roots in professional cycling.
Our guiding team for this trip:
Rob van den Brand
Rob is a current Worldtour mechanic at EF Education and Lotto-Soudal, among others. Rob is still in the middle of professional cycling and is a real asset to our team to take abroad. Besides the enormous technical knowledge and skills, Rob also brings the beautiful stories from the race.
This enthusiast from Brabant has been spending more than half her life on a bike. She runs her own cyclocross team in combination with freelance marketing activities. She absolutely cannot sit still and therefore obliges herself to meditate. She loves to share, especially her food. Tries to tame her perfectionism, although it often comes in handy for her companions.
This trip is part of;
CYCLOWORLD TRAVEL SERIES
Enjoy the best organized granfondos we've made part of the CycloWorld Travel Series. Live like a pro during our events hosted by Cycle Travel.
Location: Muravera , Sardinia (Italy)
Nestled between the crystal clear sea and the evocative Colostrai Pond, populated by flamingos, herons and cormorants, it is the ideal place to enjoy a vacation of relaxation, comfort and elegance, sipping cocktails at sunset, enjoying the sound of the sea, practicing yoga in the morning on the beach and having fun with our Dj sunSet or exploring the surroundings by bike!